Wednesday night pool swim 8:45- 9:45 at Kirkstall Leisure Centre – All year round
The triathlon club have the use of two dedicated lanes for our weekly swim session. The training sessions focus on technique, endurance and fitness. The two lanes are divided based on ability, the length of the set is tailored accordingly.
- Currently we do not offer to teach swimming, all athletes must be able to swim a minimum of 200m
- Cost of session is £4 for members and £5 for guests (non-members) to be paid to the session lead. Bring £1 for the locker.
- Wednesday night and Saturday morning open water swimming at Blue Lagoon – Summer months
Open water swimming starts late April/early May and usually finishes in September, depending on the water temperature.
Wetsuits are compulsory and can be hired at the venue.
More details to follow.
Regular Weekly Session TBC
- Ad-hoc Bike Track sessions at the Brownlee Centre
- Ad-hoc coached bikes sessions will be held at the Brownlee Centre track. The cycle track offers a great opportunity to practice bike skills, transitions and brick sessions in a safe traffic free environment.
- Mid-week and Sunday social rides
- Mid-week rides will start May time once the nights are lighters.
- Sunday social rides start late March/ Early April once the weather gets better.
Social rides will be posted on the Facebook group so keep an eye on our page as members will often arrange impromptu rides for themselves and invite others along.
Please note a social ride is NOT a coached session, and you are entirely responsible for your own safety. You must have a safe bike in good working order, and you must wear a helmet. It’s your responsibility to follow the rules of the road.