How to join our Tuesday club runs - Read More
Summer Mile 2024: Wednesday 26th.
Entries open March 2024.
More Details Coming soon:
Wednesday 28th June 2023
The Hyde Park Harriers’ Summer Mile is an evening of one mile races on tarmac paths in Woodhouse Moor.
The event caters for all levels of runners and both club runners as well as non-affiliated runners.
**SOLD OUT FOR 2023**
Location: Woodhouse Moor (Leeds LS2 3AP)
Price: Adults £9 affiliated (£11 unaffiliated)
Online entry only. No entries on the night.
How it works
- Tell us your expected time and we’ll place you in a heat (1-12) with others of a similar pace
- Registration from 6pm
- Heats start from 6.45pm. We aim to hold the final heat no later than 8.50pm (listen out for your hear to be called)
- On completing the race, runners will receive a medal*, water, snack and North Brew Co Craft Beer!
- Shortly after the final heat prizes there will be a short presentation in the park for awards and prizes
- As part of our commitment to sustainability and local community projects, for every entry to this race Hyde Park Harriers will donate £1 to Meanwood Valley Urban Farm
Let us know you’re coming along on Facebook by responding to our Summer Mile event page!
Time Graded Medals
*Gold, Silver and Bronze standard medals are presented to runners who can achieve the following times;
|Silver||6:00 – 6:44.9||5:00 – 5:29.9|
All of our medals are responsibly sourced and made from recycled metals, however if you would prefer not to take a medal we will donate a further £1 to Meanwood Valley Urban Farm
Awards / Prizes
- Prizes will be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd (M/F)
- Should anyone break the course records (M/F), the winner will also be presented with a bottle of champagne!
- Every club entering 10+ runners will get presented with a trophy to their fastest miler. If the 10 includes at least 4+ male and 4+ female, there will be a trophy for each gender!
- Women’s: 4:59 Sarah Kemshall (Scunthorpe/York St John University) 2013
- Men’s: 4:26 Thomas Hodgson (Halifax &AC) 2022
- RaceWalk Women’s: Bethan Davies (Cardiff AC) 2017
- RaceWalk Men’s: 5:52 Callum Wilkinson (Enfield and Haringey) 2019
Previous year’s results
Feedback from previous years:
Thank you to everyone for organising such a brilliant event. Just loved it. I’m excited for the results
Huge thank you to everyone who made tonight’s event happen! Despite the rain, I really loved the race! I’ll definitely be back again next year!
Breezers loved it, thank you! Putting the date on my calendar for next year now!
Thanks very much for tonight, superbly organised!
Thanks to all the marshals and volunteers who made the event possible. In terrible conditions, you were cold, wet but definite not miserable. You were ace
“Thanks for putting on an absolutely awesome event, myself and my fellow Abbey’s certainly enjoyed it and had a great evening.