How to join our Tuesday club runs - Read More
HPH LEADER INFO – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!
If you’re interesting in leading for HPH, here’s all the information you’ll need to do so. We are currently busy training a few new leaders and coaches, and will aim to have twice-yearly new leader training sessions. If you’d like to become a leader, please get in touch or look out for these sessions on Spond and on Facebook.
We also have a Facebook group, join our community if you’d like.
If you’d like to get officially trained, HPH can provide funding providing you’re happy to lead at least 13 session in 2 years, just let us know that you’re interested on email@example.com – and we can discuss!
Information about the official ‘Leadership in Running Fitness’ Qualification through England Athletics can be found here but you can lead for HPH at any of our sessions without this qualification.
FYI, here’s a quick summary of how it all works:
- Fill in rota (as linked above)
- Spond team (Laura Garratt, Danny Clayton, Jonathan Spain, Richard Garratt) add you as the leader
- You can update your group in Spond if you want to, but no pressure – keep an eye on numbers and the wait list, because if there’s a high number, we can always ask for another leader
- Prepare the route for your group (if you need an idea for a route, we have a library here: https://www.hydeparkharriers.co.uk/routes/)
- Lead your group!
- Take a photo
- Lead some stretches if you feel comfortable to (there’s a stretching guide in the link above)
- Post to the @Hyde Park Harriers (members & friends) group
- Register attendance on Spond (instructions below).
Instructions to register attendance on Spond:
- after your run…
- click on the group you led
- scroll down to “register attendance”
- click on it
- untick anyone you know didn’t come
- click ok