Round 1 of the HPH fell championship saw 14 Hyde Park Harriers take on the Jack Bloor fell race. This was an 8.4km race from Darwin Gardens in Ilkley up over the moor to reach various check points with route choice being up to the competitor (although all HPH may have gone the same way).
Held on Ilkley Moor this classic navigational fell race was established in 1985 to commemorate the life of an acclaimed Yorkshire sportsman.
It was a great evening for it with lovely sunshine and great views with none of the Harriers getting lost however most fell into the bog at some point during the race.
Was great to see Robin Groves get some first points on the board as an official HPH and the return of Colin to the fell champs!
First Harrier home was Michael Vargas in 11th place in a time of 44.11. There was a close battle for 2nd between Scott Watson and Adam Lomas who came home 34th and 35th.
In the ladies Robin Culshaw took top spot coming home in a time of 56.37. Rebecca Gray came home 2nd not far ahead of Jo Rhodes
Next race in the fell champs is Otley Chevin Fell Race. This is a great one for anyone new to fell running as its 2.8 miles with no kit requirement and has everything great about fell running a killer uphill, a fun descent and some amazing views!
- 11th – Michael Vargas – 44.11
- 34th – Scott Watson – 47.17
- 35th – Adam Lomas – 47.23
- 87th – Colin Tranter – 53.29
- 92nd – Rob Groves – 54.08
- 115th – Robin Culshaw – 56.37
- 129th – Rebecca Gray – 57.38
- 134th – Jo Rhodes – 58.07
- 153rd – Ellen Sharpe – 59.44
- 156th – Nichola Moreland – 60.44
- 171st – Paul Dickens – 63.08
- 173rd – Emma Brown – 63.09
- 226th – Eleanor Colman – 87.03
- 227th – Richard Pullan – 87.03