May and the 2nd chance to post a time for round 1 in the Road Championship at the Leeds 5k run on the Brownlee track.
We are counting the best time and age grading from any of the events between April and November so your able to do one event or all of them.
13 Harriers took part this month over the two races that are run on the evening and as always there was support on the bridge.
Fastest Harrier on the night and 3rd overall was the on form Michael Vargas in a time of 16.30. He had the following to say afterwards “Heavy legs after to much work and biking, couldn’t keep up with John Hobbs but not a bad little time”. The time actually is the fastest Harrier time posted so far.
There was quite a battle for 2nd Harrier home with Philip Goose and Andrew Carrier coming home in 25th and 26th places with only 2 seconds between them (17.55 and 17.57).
In the ladies and it was Amy Young who was fastest this month in a time of 19.32 but this wasn’t an improvement on her April time. No one else in the premier division has posted a time as yet.
Next home was Zeni Bellwood who again didn’t improve on her April time but 3rd home was Robyn Johnson who was again posting a new PB “New all time PB. “28.02 from 28.33. Credit to my impromptu and in-situ 5k rach coach Nicola who kept me going, kept me breathing and got me right on the racing line for a bang on 5k. Support and photographs amazing again tonight, thank you”.
Other comments –
Lee Taylor – Pleased to report a PB. A big thanks to the support, always appreciated.
Nicola Forwood – in response to Robyn “You were amazing, its awesome to witness your progress and I love that we all have a love hate relationship with racing at the Brownlee track”.
Deborah Brown – PB for me by around 30 seconds.
Curtis Ledger – Very pleased to be 1st finisher in race B….next time I’ll aim to complete laps 2 and 3 as well! Ultimately the right call for me to stop me aggravating my lower back any further. Frustrating but I appreciate all the positive comments and support from every one there.
- 3rd – Michael Vargas – 16.30 – Age grade – 79.9
- 25th – Philip Goose – 17.55 – Age grade – 72.4
- 26th – Andrew Carrier – 17.57 – Age grade – 72.2
- 45th – Amy Young – 19.32 – Age grade – 75.3
- 50th – Lee Taylor – 19.44 – Age grade – 70.3
- 69th – Chris Jones – 20.46 – Age grade – 77.9
- 131st – Zeni Bellwood – 26.16 – Age grade – 56.1
- 136th – Robyn Johnson – 28.02 – Age grade – 52.7
- 137th – Nicola Forwood – 28.04 – Age grade – 52.9
- 141st – Joanne Lundgren – 29.28 – Age grade – 50.0
- 143rd – Debbie Brown – 30.34 – Age grade – 54.5
- 147th – Steve Brown – 32.57 – Age grade – 45.7
- DNF – Curtis Ledger
Thanks to Rolf and Steve for the pics.
Times and Age grading best after 2 months –