The 2nd round of the club fell championship saw 9 Harriers (5 men and 4 ladies) head to Pen-Y-Ghent.
This fell race is an AM 10.5km run/walk up and down starting and finishing at the Horton-in-Ribblesdale Gala. Changes to the course over the last couple of years has pushed the race into the AM category. It is one of the few “mountain” races in Yorkshire. It’s a toughie and a comment in the course info doesn’t hide the face “Hands and knees with tongue dragging on the ground has proved a popular technique on previous occasions”.
1st Harrier home in a storming 8th place overall and a time of 53.48 was Michael Vargas. That’s two wins out of two so far and he is in top form everywhere he goes at the moment.
2nd home and 1st Harrier lady was Nichola Morelandwith a time of 1.13.17. A strong 1st round score and now top points here gives her the early championship lead.
Emma Brown was next home in a time of 1.15.45 followed by Paul Dickens in 1.21.24. Not far behind Paul was Sarah Underwood in 1.21.53 then Cara Sass in 1.22.27.
Rick Pullan and Chris Jones ran together followed by James Underwood.
- 8th – Michael Vargas – 53.48
- 139th – Nichola Moreland – 1.13.17
- 156th – Emma Brown – 1.15.45
- 187th – Paul Dickens – 1.21.24
- 189th – Sarah Underwood – 1.21.53
- 190th – Cara Sass – 1.22.27
- 199th – Rick Pullan – 1.27.36
- 200th – Chris Jones – 1.27.37
- 202nd – James Underwood – 1.28.21
Early points after 2 rounds –
- Mens –
- Michael Vargas – 20 points
- Paul Dickens – 14 points
- Rick Pullan – 12 points
- Ladies –
- Nichola Moreland – 17 points
- Emma Brown – 15 points
- Robin Culshaw – 10 points
Next up is the Otley Chevin.