July and Rothwell parkrun was the venue for the Hyde Park Harriers in the club championship.
19 Ladies and 13 men headed over to the 2 and a half lap course. A mixture of tarmac and stone paths and you also have to run past the café which is tempting to call in with the smell of breakfast putting you off your run.
We only had 1 first finisher this month at Rothwell and that was Michael Vargas in week 3. Also only 5 PB’s this month, they went to Emma Brown, Jo Rhodes, Cara Sass, Steve Rhodes and Richard Edwards.
Steve Rhodes claimed the highest Age grading with a huge score of 78.55 in week 3.
Michael Vargas kept Steve honest with a really good 75.31 in the same week. John Pratt came 3rd with a 68.40 in week 2.
Ladies and Anna Stocks again claimed top spot with a 72.97 in week 4. Emma Brown was 2nd with a 66.47 and Sarah Underwood came 3rd with a 65.42.
After 4 months we have the following championship positions –
- 1st – Steve Rhodes – 399 points
- 2nd – Michael Vargas – 397 points
- 3rd – Philip Fisher – 389 points
- 4th – John Blatherwick – 368 points
- 5th – Richard Edwards – 352 points
- 1st – Anna Stocks – 399 points
- 2nd – Emma Brown – 390 points
- 3rd – Clare Evans – 385 points
- 4th – Lizzie Coombes – 380 points
- 5th – Jo Rhodes – 376 points
12 Ladies have scored at all 4 rounds while only 6 Men have.
August will see the Harriers heading to Oakwell hall.